Top tips for getting the best heating oil prices!
Winter has well and truly arrived with the country wrapping up warm and bracing itself for one of our coldest seasons yet. The fluctuating temperatures are slightly below average for this time of year so in preparation for further dips now is the perfect time to search for the best heating oil prices ensuring your home is fully stocked and ready for the cold.
Below are a few top tips for making sure you get the best heating oil prices at this time of year.
1. Due to the changing conditions heating oil prices can vary daily so checking and cross referencing companies through Internet searches is the most efficient way of monitoring suppliers. Most websites now have instant quote forms that only require basic information but can give you a quick indication of heating oil prices. However, once you have short listed a few suppliers it’s a good idea to give them a call just so you can ask any questions you may have and get a better feel for the company before purchasing your order.
2. When the weather is at its worst that’s when the demand for heating oil is at its highest and subsequently so are the heating oil prices. Starting your search as early as possible, before the cold really sets in, will make sure you get the best possible price within your domestic budget.
3. For some companies heating oil prices can vary depending on the proximity of their depots and size of deliveries to your area so looking for a local supplier may help reduce the cost of your order.
4. Oil can be stored so a good idea is to search for the largest quantity your tank can hold and that you can afford as in the long run it will give you the cheapest heating oil prices that are the best value for money.
5. Heating oil prices are very competitive meaning that your decision will have to take into consideration other important factors than just price. These should include the company’s reputation within the oil market, the values of the company and most importantly whether they can provide you with a friendly and trustworthy service which you can rely on even during the harshest weather conditions.